14 March 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!!

I turned 24 yesterday. A day of mixed feelings. Birthday makes me happy as it is my special day. The best part is receiving calls from everyone. I get to talk to so many people and in case of some it’s perhaps the only day that I talk to. But I was also kinda sad. The realization that I am becoming older is not a really happy one. Responsibilities that come with aging are something that I am not really good at coping with. Also, the past year has been very, very hectic. Too many bad and some good things have happened. Recollecting all of those and hoping for a better year was high on my to do list for my birthday.

P was obviously the first person to wish me followed by my M, my parents and a host of other people. Got beautiful kurta and bouquet and lots of chocolates. Wasn’t really expecting all of these. Treated the office people (and myself) to pizza from Pizza Hut. I had no plans for the evening. Was dragged to a party by San, Db and Kn. We went to Blues, had beer and Australian chicken strips (wonder if the chicken is imported from Australia, and if not wonder what is so Australian about it). Blues is one place where we can be counted as regulars. The DJ knows my taste so when he got to know that its my birthday he wished me and played most of my favourite songs (Indian Ocean, Metallica, Poets of the Fall, Pearl Jam and finally Iron Maiden and Dreamtheater). It was bliss, I tell you. The table next to us was occupied by a group of guys who seemed quite nice. They wished me and I got talking to one of them. Discovered that he was a drummer and is a photographer. Good combination, isn’t it??? Hmmm. Left from the place around 10 and was home by 11.

A friend had organized a small dinner for me. Now for that I needed to sneak out of my house. At 12, I sneaked out of my house, went to his place and had amazing dinner. Stayed over at his place and spent the night watching TV and listening to music and fooling around. Came back this morning at 6:30 a.m. slept for an hour and then finally got back to the mundane things of life like getting dressed and coming to work and blogging from office (though this is one mundane task that I enjoy, *wink*)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.